Great HouseGills Green
See more about this pub on WhatPub, CAMRA's national pub guide.
Originally two cottages dating from 1615 it later became known as 'Staymakers' after a former innkeeper. It was frequented by members of the infamous Hawkhurst gang of smugglers. Re-named Wellington Arms in 1815 after alterations and to commemorate the victory at the Battle of Waterloo. In 2003 it gained its current name and became a gastropub with a reputation for excellent food. The two split-level areas are functional but also very tasteful and lead out to a patio area. The staff are attentive and friendly. The pub is licensed for weddings and has a function room for hire. It is wise to book for meals as it can get busy. Takeaway menu to be ordered online. Two reserved position for electric vehicles to recharge. There is a TV showing the news in the bar area.