Tickled TroutLower Road
See more about this pub on WhatPub, CAMRA's national pub guide.
Originally built in 1541, this Grade II listed building became an ale house in the mid 1700s. Previously called The Chequers, the pub was renamed Tickled Trout in 1987. The formal restaurant is entered by the left with informal dining and drinking area on the right. Either side of the doorway are four-sided pyramid shaped heaters. Bar and restaurant take around 50 seats. The beamed ceiling is painted white and a floor of polished wood forms a smooth surface. The bar unusually has a zinc plated top. Varied choice of beers which are likely to change frequently. Tables of various sizes to right and left of bar with a few along the front wall, opposite the bar. Facilities are at the right with a step up on entry. A large, enclosed garden to the side and rear has wheelchair access via a ramp and a play area for children. There is a covered bistro dining area in the garden.