Real Cider and Perry
CAMRA Supports Real Cider and Perry
Cider and perry are the drinks produced from the fermented juice of apples and pears respectively.
Unlike real ale production, which can happen at any time of the year, real cider & perry can only be made when the fruit is ripe. The Cider Producer (rather than a Brewer) may use a mixture of bittersweet and bittersharp cider apples or sweet dessert apples, or a mixture of the two to make cider; but perry can only be made from specialized perry pears, which are high in natural tannin.
The choosing, pressing and blending of the fruit to make cider is just as much of a craft as making beer and produces a vast range of tastes, styles and aromas, similar to those produced in fine wine. Like wine, each year's fruit produces a unique vintage, so much so that cider and perry have been sometimes called ‘The Wine of the West’.
Map of Branch Pubs Serving Real Cider
- Bull The Street Benenden TN17 4DE
- Three Chimneys Hareplain Road Biddenden TN27 8LW
- Larkins' Alehouse 7 High Street Cranbrook TN17 3EB
- Vine High Street Goudhurst TN17 1AG
- White House Hill Top Hunton ME15 0QN
- Armoury Loddington Farm, Loddington Lane Linton ME17 4AG
- Cellars Alehouse The Old Brewery, Buckland Road Maidstone ME16 0DZ
- Druids Arms 24 Earl Street Maidstone ME14 1PP
- Fishermans Arms 40 Lower Stone Street Maidstone ME15 6NA
- Flower Pot 96 Sandling Road Maidstone ME14 2RJ
- Olde Thirsty Pig 4a Knightrider Street Maidstone ME15 6LP
- Rifle Volunteers 28 Wyatt Street Maidstone ME14 1EU
- Royal Paper Mill 39 Tovil Hill Maidstone ME15 6QS
- Walnut Tree 234 Tonbridge Road Maidstone ME16 8SR
- Lord Raglan Chart Hill Road Staplehurst TN12 0DE
- West Malling