Real Cider and Perry
CAMRA Supports Real Cider and Perry
CAMRA defines real Cider or Perry as being fermented from the whole juice of fresh pressed apples or pears, without the use of concentrated or chaptalised juices.
The word ‘chaptalised’ as used in the definition refers to a process where the alcohol level in a cider or perry is increased by the addition of sugar to an unnatural level for storage, before it is diluted with water to the desired alcohol content for sale.
In order to be real, cider and perry should never be concentrated then diluted – either in terms of the juice used, or the alcohol content.
Pubs in our branch area that sell real cider and perry are shown on the map and listed below.
- Little Gem 19 High Street Aylesford ME20 7AX
- Bull The Street Benenden TN17 4DE
- Three Chimneys Hareplain Road Biddenden TN27 8LW
- Larkins' Alehouse 7 High Street Cranbrook TN17 3EB
- Vine High Street Goudhurst TN17 1AG
- Armoury Loddington Farm, Loddington Lane Linton ME17 4AG
- Cellars Alehouse The Old Brewery, Buckland Road Maidstone ME16 0DZ
- Drakes 9 Fairmeadow Maidstone ME14 1JP
- Fishermans Arms 40 Lower Stone Street Maidstone ME15 6NA
- Flower Pot 96 Sandling Road Maidstone ME14 2RJ
- Olde Thirsty Pig 4a Knightrider Street Maidstone ME15 6LP
- Rifle Volunteers 28 Wyatt Street Maidstone ME14 1EU
- Walnut Tree 234 Tonbridge Road Maidstone ME16 8SR
- Lord Raglan Chart Hill Road Staplehurst TN12 0DE
- West Malling
- Malling Jug 52 High Street West Malling ME19 6LU